Jump to navigation
Database Category: Education
- Academic Search Complete via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Books in Print via Bowker (Full Text)
- Professional bibliographic database with five million in-print, out-of-print, forthcoming, audio book, and video titles. Many full-text reviews included.
- CQ Researcher Online via CQ Press (Full Text)
- Comprehensive, non-biased reporting and analysis on issues shaping our world.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online via Gale Cengage Learning (Full Text)
- Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online provides more than 16,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (Full Text)
- Covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals. There are now 1601 journals in the directory. Currently 400 journals are searchable at article level. As of today 73622 articles are included in the DOAJ service.
- Ebook Library
- Ebook Library (EBL) is now Ebook Central. It is another platform providing access to more than 12,000 ebook titles published after 2012. You can read books online without any plugins. If you wish to view books in PDF mode, copy or print, you will need Adobe Reader installed. For downloading EBL ebooks, Adobe Digital Editions is required.
- ebrary (Full Text)
- Ebrary is now Ebook Central. It is an e-book collection of over 47,000 titles in multidisciplinary areas.
- EBSCO eBook Collection via EBSCO (Full Text)
- This collection has more than 100,000 ebook titles in various subject areas.
- Ejournals in Education via AERA SIG Communication of Research (Full Text)
- Included only links to electronic journals in the field of education that are scholarly, peer-reviewed, full text and accessible without cost.
- eLibrary Curriculum Edition via ProQuest
- This easy-to-use curriculum and reference resource delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content designed specifically for schools and libraries of all kinds, as well as additional subject-based material.
- ERIC via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- Indexes ERIC documents (ED) and ERIC journals (EJ) from 1966. Many are in full-text since 1993. The Library has a collection of ERIC documents in microfiche filed by ED number. ERIC journals owned by the Library are found by the journal title.
- ERIC via ERIC Official Web Site
- The Education Resources Information Center (ERIC), sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education, produces the world’s premier database of journal and non-journal education literature. The new ERIC online system, released September 2004, provides the public with a centralized ERIC Web site for searching the ERIC bibliographic database of more than 1.1 million citations going back to 1966. Effective October 1, more than 107,000 full-text non-journal documents (issued 1993-2004), previously available through fee-based services only, will be available for free.
- Films on Demand
- Over 7,000 full-length, streaming educational videos in many academic disciplines.
- Flocabulary is an online library of hundreds of songs, videos and activities for grades K-12 created by a team of educators and hip-hop artists.
- Users will need to register from campus the first time they use this resource.
- Gale Cross-Search via Gale Cengage Learning (Full Text)
- Cross-search Gale's literature archive resources, including Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online and Literature Criticism Online.
- Gale Literary Sources via Gale Cengage Learning (Full Text)
- Combines Literature Resource Center with Gale Virtual Reference Library in one interface. Articles, critical essays, work and topic overviews, full-text works, and biographies covering authors, their works, and literary movements.
- GreenFILE via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Hawker Brownlow Education Collection via Kanopy Streaming
- This collection of online videos from specialist Australian publisher, Hawker Brownlow, offers a range of resources that promote thinking, reflection and authentic assessment in the primary and secondary classroom, and encourage excellence in teaching and learning practice in schools.
- Image Quest via Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Image Quest has nearly 3 million images from nearly 50 of the best collections in the world. All images in Image Quest are rights-cleared for non-commercial, educational use.
- JSTOR (Full Text)
- JSTOR is a collection of full text scholarly journals in a wide variety of subject areas, providing entire backfiles of key journals. Campbell has access to JSTOR Arts and Sciences I through VIII and XI, as well as specific collections for Life Sciences, Religion and Theology.
- Kanopy Streaming Video
- Kanopy is a streaming video service that includes educational and documentary films from a variety of collections in different disciplines. Currently the library offers the Hawker Brownlow Education collection.
- Literary Reference Center Plus via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- Articles and criticisms, including peer-reviewed, bios and interviews, novels, short stories, poems, and literary magazines.
- Literature Criticism Online via Gale Cengage Learning (Full Text)
- Literature Criticism Online includes Contemporary Literary Criticism, Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism, Nineteenth-Century Literature Criticism, Shakespearean Criticism, Literature Criticism from 1400-1800, Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism, Poetry Criticism, Short Story Criticism, Drama Criticism, and Children's Literature Review.
- Literature Resource Center via Gale
- Articles, critical essays, work and topic overviews, full-text works, and biographies covering authors, their works, and literary movements.
- MasterFILE Premier via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- General reference magazines and publications covering a wide-range of subject areas including business, health, education, general science and multicultural issues. Includes peer reviewed publications.
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print via EBSCOhost (Full Text)
- Mental Measurements Yearbook, produced by the Buros Institute at the University of Nebraska, provides users with a comprehensive guide to over 2,000 contemporary testing instruments. Designed for an audience ranging from novice test consumers to experienced professionals, the MMY series contains information essential for a complete evaluation of test products within such diverse areas as psychology, education, business, and leadership.
- Information about the state, its history, people, government, and educational institutions.
- North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA)
- The North Carolina Museum of Art serves the people of North Carolina and all visitors as a premier destination for compelling encounters with art. The NCMA is committed to exemplary scholarship and innovative educational enrichment.
- North Carolina Teacher Academy
- Links to Internet based resources for K-12 classroom teachers and educational sites recommended for students and parents.
- NoveList Plus via EBSCO (Full Text)
- A readers’ advisory resource that uses appeal factors and expert reviews to offer read-alike and listen-alike recommendations for fiction, nonfiction, and audiobooks.
- OneClick Digital via Recorded Books
- Downloadable audio books are available from this site. You will need to create a new personal account to download and transfer audiobooks.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED) Online via Oxford University Press (Full Text)
- The Oxford English Dictionary is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. It traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English language sources, from classic literature and specialist periodicals to film scripts and cookery books.
- Project MUSE via Johns Hopkins University Press (Full Text)
- Project MUSE provides online, worldwide, institutional subscription access to the full text of over 100 scholarly journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences and mathematics.
- ProQuest Education Database via ProQuest (Full Text)
- Research on primary, secondary, and higher education, as well as special education, home schooling, adult education, and hundreds of related topics.
- ProQuest Research Companion
- An award-winning, cloud-based information literacy solution that enables educators and librarians to guide students through research projects efficiently.
- Psychological Experiments Online via Alexander Street
- Psychological Experiments Online is a multimedia collection including videos and text that covers the most important psychological experiments of the 20th and 21st centuries. The collection pairs 75 hours of audio and video recordings of the original experiments (when existent) with 40,000 pages of primary-source documents including notes, letters, and articles.
- PsycTESTS via EBSCOhost
- International in scope, this resource from the American Psychological Association provides access to thousands of actual test instruments, most of which are available for immediate download and use in teaching and research. PsycTESTS is an authoritative source of structured information about tests of interest to a variety of fields, and while focused on contemporary instances of test use, has coverage that spans more than a century.
- SAGE Journals Online (Full Text)
- SAGE provides access to over 600 journals in the social sciences, humanities, medicine, engineering, and physical and life sciences.
- SAGE Open via Sage (Full Text)
- SAGE Open is an open access publication from SAGE. It publishes peer-reviewed, original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Articles may span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
- Science in Context via Gale (Full Text)
- Reference content plus magazines, journals, news sources, experiments, and more. Covering earth science, life science, space, technology, mathematics, science history, and biography.
- Scopus via Elsevier SciVerse
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, featuring tools to track, analyze and visualize research. For peer-reviewed research published since 1995, Scopus delivers the most comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- SIRS Discoverer via ProQuest
- Designed specifically for elementary and middle school students, SIRS Discoverer offer articles, nonfiction books, images, activities and websites curated for educational relevance, age appropriateness, and readability.
- SIRS Knowledge Source via ProQuest (Full Text)
- This resource contains articles, primary sources, websites and graphics to support K-12 students with research, study and homework. SIRS Knowledge Source includes a number of databases from ProQuest, including ProQuest SIRS Issues Researcher, ProQuest SIRS Government Reporter, ProQuest SIRS Renaissance, and ProQuest SIRS WebSelect.
- SpringerLink (Full Text)
- SpringerLink is Springer's online full-text archive for journals and books. SpringerLink currently offers over 2,600 fully peer-reviewed journals and a growing roster of book series, comprising more than 46,700 books online.
- Teaching Positions in North Carolina
- Links to the information needed to apply for a teaching job in North Carolina.
- TeachingBooks.net is a database of multimedia materials about children's and young adult books, authors, and illustrators. Designed for teachers, it includes aids such as lesson plans and book discussion guides for almost every book being taught in the K-12 curriculum.
- Testing & Education Reference Center via Gale
- A testing and education preparation resource that includes in-depth information on college, graduate, and professional programs, professional training, scholarships, and entrance tests alongside practice tests for entrance exams, certifications, and licensing exams.
- Tests in Print via EBSCOhost
- Produced by the Buros Institute of Mental Measurements at the University of Nebraska, Tests in Print (TIP) serves as a comprehensive bibliography to all known commercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. TIP provides vital information to users including test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication date(s), and test author(s).
- WorldCat via OCLC
- OCLC catalog of books, web resources, and other material worldwide.